Module 4: Web-Enhanced Reading and Study Strategies

This module was all about building up resources that can help us read online and retain information with our classes. Online study tools will be your best friend when you first get to college so it’s important to look around for the one that best suits your learning styles/preferences. I am a big fan of mnemonics and have been for a while, even before I came to college. I even was able to learn about a couple more ways I can use mnemonics after reading “9 Types of Mnemonics to Improve Your Memory”. My favorite strategy to use is letters and word mnemonics, it allows me to make up my own acronyms like “LCM” to remember the phrase “least common multiple”. But I was surprised to see the strategy was #7 Loci Mnemonic Strategy. This will actually be a great method for incoming students when learning about the locations of their classrooms and trying to navigate their way around OSU’s ginormous campus. Taking mental “notes” when entering a new building for the class is important because it allows you to, over time, of course, become familiar with your location and even helps out others who also might be lost! The lessons you learn in class are sometimes going to be applicable outside of the classroom, so always keep that in mind!

Source: https://www.verywellhealth.com/memory-tip-1-keyword-mnemonics-98466