30th North American Conference on Chinese Linguistics (NACCL-30)
BY COMMERCIAL AIRLINES
The city of Columbus, Ohio, is serviced by the John Glenn Columbus International Airport (CMH), located about 10 miles east of The Ohio State University campus. There is also limited passenger service in the much smaller Rickenbacker International Airport (LCK), about 20 miles southeast of the campus. The city of Columbus enjoys over 40 nonstop flight destinations. More information about the two airports is available from the FlyColumbus website.
- Taxi from the John Glenn Columbus International Airport: Follow the Ground Transportation signs near the Baggage Claim area to the outside taxi stand. Taxi can also be called at (614) 444-4444 (Yellow Cab) or (614) 777-7777 (ACME Taxi). The fare to Ohio State University is approximately $25 (+ tip of 10-15%). Ask about the fare before you get into the taxi. Payment in cash may be required. Some taxis can accept Visa/MasterCard payments (ask the driver first).
- City Bus: COTA AirConnect is a an added route that operates as a direct shuttle service between Port Columbus International Airport and Downtown. Running every 30 minutes daily between 6:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m., a one-way trip costs $2.75. The bus makes a number of stops downtown, and comes equipped with luggage racks and USB charging ports. For more information, go to: http://www.cota.com/AirConnect. From downtown to OSU campus, take the No. 2 High Street bus. For other destinations on the COTA bus, check out: http://www.cota.com/. In addition, COTA bus routes 7 and 18 stop within a block from the forum venue.
- Car rentals at the Columbus International Airport: Major rental car agencies have counters in the Arrivals area of the passenger terminal. Rental car pickup is in the parking garage, which is connected to the terminal by underground walkway.
- Smartphone-enabled car service: Uber, Lyft
- Columbus can also be reached via Greyhound, with a Columbus downtown bus station (111 East Town Street, Columbus, OH 43215; open daily 24 hours) that is just 3 miles south of the Ohio State University campus.
– Local Buses – Downtown to Ohio State University (OSU): Take the No. 2 High Street bus line, which goes directly north on North High Street, to the OSU campus area. Visit Central Ohio Transit Authority‘s COTA’s website, or call (614) 224-2682 for local bus routes.
– Taxis: Taxi cabs are available at the Greyhound bus station to take you to your destination.
– Smartphone-enabled car service: Uber, Lyft
- Two interstate highways, I-70 and I-71, run through Columbus, Ohio. Further information can be obtained from Google Maps. Directions to The Blackwell Inn and Pfahl Conference Center (2110 Tuttle Park Place, Columbus, Ohio 43210) are available from the hotel website. The Blackwell Inn, OSU-owned and operated, is located adjacent to the Fisher College of Business, just south of Lane Avenue at the northern end of the OSU campus.
- From the John Glenn Columbus International Airport to The Blackwell Inn and Pfhal Conference Center:
. Take I-670 West to I-71 South.
. Take SR-315 North.
. Exit at Lane Avenue, turn right and take Lane Avenue.
. Go to the stop light at Tuttle Park Place. Turn right on Tuttle Park Place.
. The Blackwell Inn and Pfahl Conference Center (2110 Tuttle Park Place) is on the corner of Tuttle Park Place and Woodruff Avenue, and will be on your left.
. Also see Blackwell Inn’s 2-page map with driving directions and campus map showing the The Blackwell Inn and Pfahl Hall (where Pfahl Conference Center is located).
- From the North to OSU campus:
Take any major highway to I-270. Take I-270 to SR 315 South. Exit at Lane Avenue. Turn left. The OSU campus begins south of Lane Avenue.
- From the South to OSU campus:
Take any major highway to I-71 North. Take I-71 North to SR 315 North. Exit at Lane Avenue. Turn right. The OSU campus begins south of Lane Avenue.
- From the West to OSU campus:
Take any major highway to I-70 East. Take I-70 East to SR 315 North. Exit at Lane Avenue. Turn right. The OSU campus begins south of Lane Avenue.
- From the East to OSU campus:
Take any major highway to I-70 West. Take I-70 West to SR 315 North. Exit at Lane Avenue. Turn right. The OSU campus begins south of Lane Avenue.
Further transportation information is also available at the Office of International Affairs’ Transportation webpage.
The map on this page is located at the OSU Cognitive Development Lab website.