Each year, 4-H clubs are asked to report their club, county and state level activities on the 4-H Club Year End Survey. Each activity is worth one point. Clubs with a score in the top 20% will be recognized as Honor Clubs.
Congratulations to our 2022 Honor Clubs! Honor Clubs will be announced during the 4-H Awards Ceremony on Sunday night of the fair!
Chandlersville Buckeye Guys & Gals
Creative Farm Kids
Fair View Dandy Do ers
Flocks of Fun
Flying R 4-H Club
Jersey Ridge Happy Hustlers
Meigs Jr Pioneers
Camperships and multiple child discounts are provided by FruhQuip and other local donors.
Deadline is April 15! Complete it online: 2023 Campership Application
2023 Muskingum County 4-H Junior Camp Dates for Campers: June 10-13 @ 4-H Camp Ohio
June 10: Staggered morning check-in (between 10 and 11:00 a.m.)
June 13: Staggered morning check-out (between 10 and 11:00 a.m.)
Camperships (scholarships to assist youth in paying camp fees) are available to Muskingum County 4-H members through donations from local sponsors. Junior Camp is open to youth age 8 and in the third grade to age 13 as of January 1, 2023.
- Complete one form for each youth. All information must be complete to be considered for a campership. An incomplete form will not be considered.
- Late applications will not be considered.
- Campership funds will only be awarded for the individual named on the application. Awarded camperships must be used for the 2023 camp.
- Priority will be given to families with financial need, where children would not be able to attend camp without scholarship support. This includes families with multiple children who may be unable to send all siblings to camp due to cost, members from low-socio economic homes and families who have extenuating financial circumstances.
- 2023 Muskingum County 4-H Junior Camp Fee Schedule
- Single Child Rate – $225 per camper, only one camper in the family
- Multiple Child Rate – $175 per camper, more than one camper in the family
- Campership Rate – $125 per camper, any camper awarded a scholarship
- Youth awarded a scholarship will still be required to reserve a spot through the camp pre-registration process (begins April 24) AND complete camper registration by May 11, 2023.
- County 4-H staff will review applications. All information on the application will be kept confidential. Notice of camperships will be sent via e-mail. In the event the child will not be registering for camp, please notify us as soon as possible so that the scholarship may be awarded to another applicant.
- Muskingum County 4-H must pay 4-H Camp Ohio for all campers who register for camp. If a child registers for camp and does not attend, he/she may not be eligible for scholarship assistance in the future.
Help recognize the 4-H members, Cloverbuds, volunteers, or educators in your life who embody This is Ohio 4-H! by submitting your photos. Any 4-H member may submit photos for the This is Ohio 4-H! Photo Contest. There will be two divisions, Junior (4-H age 8-13) and Senior (4-H age 14-19). All entries must be submitted by May 17. Winners will be featured in a special Ohio 4-H Highlights newsletter and used to promote 4-H around the state. Please see attached guidelines for full details.
Please submit a JPEG file for each photo. One photo may be submitted per category.
- Submissions for the Junior division: osu.edu/photocontestjr2023.
- Submissions for the Senior division: osu.edu/photocontestsr2023.
- All entries must be submitted no later than Wednesday, May 17.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Download the Sponsorship Form
Since 2014, the Muskingum County Reverse Raffle Committee raised more than $101,907 for Muskingum County 4-H. Approximately one-third of this amount went to the Muskingum County 4-H Endowment Fund, providing long-term support for the 4-H program through an annual interest distribution to OSU Extension, Muskingum County. The remaining seventy percent went directly to the Muskingum County 4-H Committee to benefit all Muskingum County 4-H members and volunteers.
In November, the Muskingum County Reverse Raffle Committee made the difficult decision to discontinue the annual raffle. While many volunteers helped the night of the reverse raffle, there were not enough volunteers to operate the committee throughout the year. An event of this magnitude requires hours of volunteer work from May through the night of the event in November and into mid-November for wrap-up. The volunteer group was about one-third of the size it was when the reverse raffle began in 2014.
The Muskingum County 4-H Committee will take over fundraising for Muskingum County 4-H via an annual sponsorship program. Funds raised through this sponsorship program are combined with other committee fundraisers to assist OSU Extension staff in offering a variety of educational opportunities for youth and volunteers. We hope that you will show the 4-H Committee the same support you have shown for the reverse raffle event.
Sponsors will receive the following recognition for their contributions, if postmarked by April 15:
- Signage at events – 4-H Still Project Judging, Junior Fair Livestock Skillathon, Muskingum County Fair Junior Fair Building during Fair, 4-H Adult & Teen Volunteer Celebration
- Name announced during 4-H Awards Ceremony Sunday night of the Fair
- Publication in 2023 Muskingum County Fair Book
- Publication in 2024 Muskingum County 4-H Owner’s Manual (one per family distributed to all Muskingum County 4-H families, also available electronically)
Your gift will impact everyone involved in Muskingum County 4-H.
Note: The Muskingum County Agricultural Society (Senior Fair Board) also seeks separate donations each year for the Junior Fair Awards Fund, which supports award recognition for youth exhibiting livestock projects.
If you have questions, please contact:
Jamie McConnell, Extension Educator, 4-H Youth Development
The Junior Fair Horse Committee has set a goal to raise $20,000 for a new announcers stand and entry booth at the horse arena on the fairgrounds.
For more information, download the Donation Letter.
The Youth Poultry Clinic is open to all youth (and adults) interested in learning more about poultry.
WHEN: March 18
WHERE: OSU ATI, Wooster, OH
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: April 1
COST: $20.00 per youth and $25.00 per adult.
Everyone MUST register to eat refreshments and/or lunch, whether or not attending sessions.
Topics include: Poultry Nutrition, Broiler Evaluation, Poultry Necropsy – Comparative Anatomy, Mortality Disposal, Biosecurity/HPAI, Poultry Carcass Cut-up, Q & A Corner.
Poultry Quality Assurance will be offered after lunch for Ohio youth needing Youth Quality Assurance certification for 2023.
The registration form and information are available at: https://ohio4h.org/events/2023-ohio-youth-poultry-clinic
Congratulations to the following individuals who were selected for a $500 scholarship, sponsored by the Muskingum County 4-H Committee:
- Alyssa Derry
- Makenzie Dickson
- Natalie Mallett
- McKenzie Pitcock
- Anna Scheurman
- Leah Schuhart
Scholarship recipients will be recognized during the 4-H Awards Ceremony Sunday night of the Muskingum County Fair.
The Ohio 4-H Teen Leadership Council will again be hosting “Take the Leap: Career Readiness Day” on Saturday, April 1, 2023 (9:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.) at the Nationwide & Ohio Farm Bureau 4-H Center! This event is open to any 4-H member – ages 13 to 18! Event cost is $10. Several Teen Leadership Council members have been planning this event and are excited to facilitate this opportunity for their peers.
This day is jam-packed full of opportunities for participants with some highlights listed here:
- Learn about 4-H opportunities at the state level
- Rotate through career preparation workshops covering topics such as resume writing, interview skills, goal setting, and more
- Network with peers who are also interested in preparing for their future
Register here: go.osu.edu/taketheleap. Registration is due by March 15.
What: A fun, family night for 4-H at the Columbus Blue Jackets (CBJ vs Seattle Kraken). A portion of tickets sold will go to the Ohio 4-H program ($10 for upper bowl tickets and $20 for lower bowl tickets will come back to 4-H). 4-H will be recognized briefly at the game.
Who: ALL Ohio 4-H families (all 4-H professionals, donors/supporters, alumni, volunteers, members and families).
When: Friday, March 3rd at 7pm.
Where: Nationwide Arena in Columbus, OH.
- Lower bowl ‐ $69 per ticket.
- Upper bowl ‐ $41 per ticket.
Why/Purpose of the Event:
- Raise money for Ohio 4-H. A portion of the ticket sales (purchased on the unique ticket website created for 4-H) will be given to the 4-H.
- Provide a unique event for 4-H alumni and current 4-H families.
- Promote the Ohio 4-H program to a new audience. There will be a brief slide and message in between periods during the game that will recognize 4-H.