All youth enrolled in a horse project (except Project #173 Horseless Horse) must complete a Horse Education Program, even if they do not plan to exhibit at the fair.
Youth must complete Ohio 4-H’s EquiSTEP program. It can be accessed here: go.osu.edu/2023equistep.
The online course is housed on ScarletCanvas and is run by the State 4-H Office. Information to access the course will in Muskingum County 4-H Family Update E-mails when it becomes available.
- Each member must sign up for the course with a unique e-mail address.
- Select ‘Modules’ to see the 5 steps.
- Watch the video(s) that correspond with each step.
- Complete the quiz associated with the training. You need to score at least a 7 out of 10 to pass the training.
- After scoring at least a 7 out of 10 on the quiz, complete the Certificate of Completion/Course Evaluation Survey. You will be emailed a certificate that notes you have completed the EquiSTEP training, please forward to Jamie (email@example.com).
All Muskingum County Youth must complete the Horse Education Program requirement by June 15.