In 2021, the Muskingum County Junior Fair is participating in Farm Credit/Rural 1st’s “Fight the Hunger, Stock the Trailer” Challenge to help feed those in our local community while also competing against other fairs for cash prizes to support Junior Fair activities!
In an effort to gather more donations, Junior Fair Board is hosting the Muskingum County Junior Fair Mullet Contest!
- Participating youth must be a 2021 Junior Fair Exhibitor.
- Contestants must submit a side view and back view photo of their mullet.
- Junior Fair Board members will review all submitted entries and select the Top 5. Those five will be featured in the Junior Fair Parade on Sunday, August 15.
- Junior Fair organizations, community members…ANYONE – can vote for their favorite mullet by dropping canned food off in the “Fight the Hunger, Stock the Trailer” collection trailers (one near the Horse Barn, one near the Junior Fair Office) during the fair. Photos of each contestant will be posted inside the trailer and voters can leave their canned food items below the appropriate picture to have their vote counted.
- The contestant with the most food items collected will be declared the winner. The winning mullet will receive $50 in Rural King Gift Cards.
Contestants should register online by August 10 at 11:59 p.m.: go.osu.edu/mullets