The Junior Fair is introducing a new online entry system in 2021 called Fair Entry! Fair Entry is a cloud-based fair management system that helps run the entire fair process – entries, shows and sales. It is offered by the same company that has 4-H Online, our enrollment system. Families enrolled in 4-H will be able to use their 4-H Online log in information to also log in to Fair Entry.
The Muskingum County Junior Fair Entry System, as well as posting of Show Bills, Event Results and Sale Bills is made possible through generous sponsorship from:
- Farm Credit Mid-America/Rural 1st
- Muskingum County Farm Bureau
- Muskingum County Library System
- Carefully review information below related to deadlines and animal registration events, as some dates and procedures have changed.
- More information, including Livestock Entry Instructions can be found on our website: muskingum.osu.edu/juniorfair under “Livestock Entry Information.” PLEASE REVIEW THESE INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE COMPLETING ENTRIES.
- All 4-H and FFA youth must complete livestock entries in order to be eligible to exhibit at the Muskingum County Fair.
- No paper entry forms will be accepted.
- Livestock entries must be submitted online in Fair Entry (muskingum.fairentry.com) by established deadlines, NO EXCEPTIONS. You can use a computer or mobile device.
- All animal entries are due online by June 15 at 11:59 p.m., EXCEPT market rabbits and feeder calves, which are due July 20 at 11:59 p.m. All animals must be entered, including back-up animals. Horse lease agreements must be uploaded by June 15.
- 5-way vaccination is required for all horses age yearling and older. Exhibitor must submit documentation of vaccination by August 1 at 11:59 p.m. Vaccination records can be uploaded anytime before the deadline.
- Showmanship entries are due online by Sunday night of the fair, August 15 at 11:59 p.m., for the following species: beef, dairy, goat, poultry, rabbit, sheep, and swine. Showmanship entries can be completed anytime before the deadline. There will NOT be paper showmanship sign-ups at the fair. Note: This is a change for Dairy and Swine, which were “opt out” on previous entry forms.
Notes about Animal Registration Events
- Market Goats – ALL market goats must be weighed in and tagged at June 7 Market Goat Registration. After registration, exhibitors will be responsible for completing the online entry process using the Fair Ear Tag # by June 15.
- Market Lambs – ALL market lambs must be weighed in and tagged at June 7 Market Lamb Registration. After registration, exhibitors will be responsible for completing the online entry process using the Fair Ear Tag # by June 15.
- Breeding Rabbits – Rabbits should be tattooed at June 7 Breeding Rabbit Registration if they do not already have a tattoo. After registration, exhibitors will be responsible for completing the online entry process using the appropriate tattoos by June 15.
- Market Rabbits – ALL market rabbits must be weighed in and tagged at July 15 Market Rabbit Registration. After registration, exhibitors will be responsible for completing the online entry process using the appropriate tattoos by July 20.