4-H Junior Camp is our overnight, residential camping program that takes place at 4-H Camp Ohio in Licking County. Current scheduled dates are June 9-13.
As a result of uncertainty, notification of campership awards will be delayed, as well as the registration process for camping opportunities until we have more information.
- OSU has granted permission for 4-H to host day camps if we follow their Camp Restart plan and have approval of a local camping plan from OSU/the health department. There is the possibility that day camps could be held at 4-H Camp Ohio or an in-county facility.
- OSU will announce a decision regarding overnight camping on April 16 – this does NOT mean that we will be able to announce a 4-H Camp Ohio or Muskingum County decision that day.
This is a constantly evolving situation, but we will be required to follow state, OSU and local health department guidelines to host any camping opportunities. Many factors at the county, 4-H Camp Ohio and Ohio 4-H levels go into the decision-making process.
Based on current guidelines, here are some things we can expect from day or overnight camp settings:
- Camps will operate under reduced capacity and distancing requirements. Counselors/campers will be in cohort groups of 10 (2 counselors and 8 campers). These cohorts will do all camp things with this cohort group – cabin living, eating, shower time, activities, etc. If large group activities take place, cohorts will remain separate from each other. This means that some of our traditional camp activities may change.
- Increased cleaning and sanitizing will take place.
- Masks will be worn by everyone most of the time, with exceptions for certain types of activities.
- Symptomatic people will not be able to attend. Individuals will be sent home if symptoms occur at camp.
If children in your family are eligible to attend 4-H Junior Camp this year (age 8 and in 3rd grade through age 13 as of January 1, 2021) we are seeking your feedback related to our potential camping opportunities!
Complete the pulse survey by April 9: https://go.osu.edu/camppulse