All youth enrolled in a horse project (except Project #173 Horseless Horse) must complete a Muskingum County Horse Education Program.
All first-time horse project participants must read 191R Horses, Safety and You. Books are available for purchase by club volunteers at the Extension Office for $6.
Although we currently have an in-person option for a Horse Education Program scheduled in May, families are strongly encouraged to take advantage of one of the following virtual options if they can. If restrictions allow us to hold the in-person session, attendance will be limited.
Zoom Horse Education Program
March 24, 6 p.m.
April 20, 6 p.m.
- Sessions are designed to be one hour, but could run over a few minutes.
- Participants will be required to have their camera on for the duration of the session and respond to poll questions throughout.
- It is recommended that families with multiple youth select a time when all family members can view together. Your family can share a device for the session, as long as everyone is visible and can see the screen easily.
- Youth should plan to arrive early, as youth will not receive credit for attending if they arrive more than 5 minutes after the program starts.
- Attendance will be taken at the beginning and end of each session.
- Parent attendance is not required, but encouraged.
Each session will be limited to 50 families.