2021 Market Steer Weigh-In is scheduled for December 7, 2020 from 6-8 p.m. at Muskingum Livestock Auctio Company. Please review the following information in preparation for the event: 2021 Market Steer Weigh-In Details. This information can also be found on our website: https://muskingum.osu.edu/juniorfair. Youth enrolled in a 2020 market steer or feeder calf project who are eligible to exhibit in 2021 will also receive a letter in the mail.
Important Notes (PLEASE READ!)
Due to constantly evolving restrictions related to COVID-19, the following information is subject to change. If Muskingum County is at a level 4 public health emergency (color coded purple) steer weigh-in will be cancelled.
Changes will be posted on the Ohio State – Muskingum County 4-H Facebook page and shared via e-mail. Please read the entire letter, as some items have changed from previous years and you will be expected to adhere to all outlined health & safety protocols.
COVID-19 Health & Safety Guidelines
Approved by Muskingum County Joint Unified Command
- Participants should be alert for symptoms like fever, cough, and shortness of breath. Do not attend in person activities if you or anyone living in your household is experiencing symptoms associated with the coronavirus or any other communicable illness. Make other arrangements for your animal to be at steer weigh-in.
- Face masks or face covers are required inside and outside at all times.
- Maintain 6 feet between individuals at all times.
- Attendees should be limited to the number of people needed to bring the animal safely through the weigh in process, two or less.
- No groups of 4 or more will be permitted at the tag in area or the weigh in area.
- Youth are encouraged to complete the steer registration form in advance of the event. If completing at the event, sanitize writing utensils, clipboards, etc. after each use.
- Cattle will arrive at the west side trailer drive through to unload. From there, they will proceed through the north side aisle to the tag in areas. After tag in, the cattle will process to the south side scale area. After being weighed, the cattle will exit through the south side aisle to the south side trailer drive through to exit.
NEW THIS YEAR!
To reduce contact among attendees and help with traffic flow, the Junior Fair Livestock Committee is asking that you complete the registration form for each steer BEFORE weigh-in. It is available online: https://go.osu.edu/musksteer. The form must be completed by December 6 at 11:59 p.m. You will be required to submit a side view photo of your steer. If steer weigh in is cancelled, this form will serve as your registration