The following is information for registering 2019 market steer projects. All market steers to be exhibited at the 2019 Muskingum County Fair must come to steer registration day to be tagged and weighed, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Steer registration and weigh-in will be held Monday, December 10, 2018 from 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. at Muskingum Livestock Sale Barn, located on Malinda Street in Zanesville. All steers must be tagged and weighed-in at this time to be eligible to exhibit at the 2019 Muskingum County Fair.
- Youth may bring up to two steers to be registered in their name.
- Steers must be on a halter at registration and should be halter broke.
- Steers must be owned, being cared for and in continuous possession of the member by weigh-in date (December 2018).
- All steers must have been born after January 1, 2018 and must be dehorned and castrated. Calves will be checked for proper dehorning and castration by a licensed veterinarian at the December weigh-in. There will be no on-site castration. Steers must be castrated prior to arrival at December weigh-in.
Please refer to the 2019 Market Steer Weigh-In Information Letter and Registration Form for complete details.