Ohio 4-H Teen Leadership Council (TLC) applications for the 2018-2019 year are now available! Please let any interested individual know, so they may apply! Please note, because it is only a one year term, current TLC members who wish to continue their service must re-apply. Muskingum County had three representatives to the Council this year: Rachel Hampp, Treva Hampp and Samantha Mozena.
Applications and more information for this group are now available online at: go.osu.edu/TLC. Please note applications (and other materials, including letters of recommendation) are due (not postmarked; received!) by Friday, August 10, 2018. Please note that this deadline is right before the start of the Muskingum County Fair! Youth are required to have a reference from a county 4-H professional, so be sure you don’t want until that week to ask us!
Here are some highlights about the responsibilities of the council:
- Age: Individuals must be 14-18 as of January 1 the year of application to apply for council member, committee member, committee chair, and officer.
- Number of Meetings/Events: See the program structure outline on the application for specific numbers of meetings and events. Members are required to attend at least 75% of meetings and events.
- Working Events: Members are required to work a number of statewide events at the Ohio State Fair, and elsewhere throughout the state (Farm Science Review, Legislative Luncheon, etc.). Each level of membership differs in the number of events that are required. See the program structure for more information.
- Location of meetings: Meetings are typically held at the Ohio 4-H Center in Columbus, Ohio, but there are occasionally instances when they are held elsewhere due to events on Ohio State’s Campus. In these instances, meetings may be held at locations close to campus. Refer to the application for the locations for the 2018-2019 year. Members will be notified prior to the location change.
- Additional Opportunities: Depending on the level of involvement, council members have the option to apply for additional opportunities including the National 4-H Conference, Ohio 4-H Foundation Board, and other opportunities that may arise.
The term for selected individuals will be September 1, 2018-August 31, 2019.