New/Revised 4-H Projects Available

Some new and revised projects books have been making their way across my desk recently. The flashy colors and inviting graphics look nothing like the books I completed when I was in 4-H. Long story short, I’m in love! But, we all know it’s what inside that counts.

Today I’m exploring It’s My Home (previously Adventures in Home Living).

Here are some quick stats about the project:

Project Number 491
Topic Area
Skill Level Beginner
State Fair Eligibility Yes
Project Type Individual
Copyright Date 2018

A quick glance through the project and you’ll find it teaches youth about use of color, texture, lines, and style for interior design. My favorite activity (because I could use a little more of it myself) is one that guides youth through organizing (a closet, dresser, desk, bookshelf) any space frequently used that needs some extra love and attention – teaching them to keep, donate, throw away, or upcycle! Members are challenged to explore ways to keep their home clean and donate time or gently used items to local organizations in need.

I highly recommend this project for beginning 4-H members. To view sample project pages of It’s My Home and other Ohio 4-H project books online, please visit 4-H Project Central. To view the entire project book, please stop by the 4-H Office.

Mrs. Stefanie