- Gambling with Planting Decisions, Aaron Wilson and Bob Nielsen
- Improving Fertilizer Efficiency with the Planter Pass, John Fulton and Matt Bennett
- ARC/PLC for 2021, Ben Brown
- Does it Pay to Improve Soil Health on Your Farm? Nathan Brown, Les Seiler, Matt Falb
- Management Considerations for Winter Malting Barley, Greg McGlinch
- White Wheat, Dennis Pennington
- Oats and Triticale for Forage, Al Gahler and Jason Hartschuh
Precision University is going virtual this year! Due to the pandemic, the Digital Ag team will host a series of hour-long webinars each Tuesday in January at 10:00 AM to replace the annual in-person event. The 2021 Precision U sessions will focus on “Tackling Spring Operations with Reduced Working Days.” Changing weather patterns have led to fewer days available in the spring to complete planting, spraying, and fertilizing. University and industry experts will share research results and technology available to help you work smarter and more efficiently. Please plan to join us for these sessions!
2021 Precision U: Tackling Spring Operations with Reduced Working Days
- January 5 – Gambling with Planting Decisions – Dr. Aaron Wilson (Ohio State University Extension) and Dr. Bob Nielsen (Purdue University)
- January 12 – Improving Fertilizer Efficiency with the Planter Pass – Matt Bennett (Precision Planting Technology) and Dr. John Fulton (Ohio State University)
- January 19 – Pre-season Crop Protection Decisions – Dr. Mark Loux and Dr. Scott Shearer (Ohio State University)
- January 26 – Sprayer Technology to Improve Field Performance – Dr. Joe Luck (University of Nebraska-Lincoln)
There is no cost to register for Precision University, but registration is required. CCA CEUs will be offered at each session. For more information or to register, visit http://go.osu.edu/PrecisionU. If you have any questions about the Precision U sessions, please feel free to contact Amanda Douridas (Douridas.firstname.lastname@example.org).
Current applicators WITH a fertilizer license may earn their continuing education credits for the fertilizer certificate on March 22 at 6:00 pm at the Extension Office.
Producers who do not currently hold a fertilizer certificate but would like to obtain one may attend a 3 hour class on March 29 at 9:00 am at the Muskingum County Extension Office. An additional class will be offered at 6:00 pm at the Licking County Extension Office. Producers also have the option of taking an exam offered by the Ohio Department of Agriculture to obtain the fertilizer certification.
Please RSVP for all programs at email@example.com or call 740-454-0144.