Based on 30 years of data collection and the weather summary data available at the Midwest Regional Climate Center, the following freeze probabilities are provided from Zanesville Municipal Airport Weather Station.
Probability of a 32 degree F freeze after:
April 28, 50%
May 3, 40%
May 7, 30%
May 12, 20%
May 18, 10%
Precision University is going virtual this year! Due to the pandemic, the Digital Ag team will host a series of hour-long webinars each Tuesday in January at 10:00 AM to replace the annual in-person event. The 2021 Precision U sessions will focus on “Tackling Spring Operations with Reduced Working Days.” Changing weather patterns have led to fewer days available in the spring to complete planting, spraying, and fertilizing. University and industry experts will share research results and technology available to help you work smarter and more efficiently. Please plan to join us for these sessions!
2021 Precision U: Tackling Spring Operations with Reduced Working Days
- January 5 – Gambling with Planting Decisions – Dr. Aaron Wilson (Ohio State University Extension) and Dr. Bob Nielsen (Purdue University)
- January 12 – Improving Fertilizer Efficiency with the Planter Pass – Matt Bennett (Precision Planting Technology) and Dr. John Fulton (Ohio State University)
- January 19 – Pre-season Crop Protection Decisions – Dr. Mark Loux and Dr. Scott Shearer (Ohio State University)
- January 26 – Sprayer Technology to Improve Field Performance – Dr. Joe Luck (University of Nebraska-Lincoln)
There is no cost to register for Precision University, but registration is required. CCA CEUs will be offered at each session. For more information or to register, visit http://go.osu.edu/PrecisionU. If you have any questions about the Precision U sessions, please feel free to contact Amanda Douridas (Douridas.firstname.lastname@example.org).
Link to more events from the Agronomic Crops Network
This series will present practices and technology farmers can utilize to adapt to challenging growing seasons with increasing extreme weather events. Thursdays, January 21 – March 18, 9:00am-10:30am. Register: http://go.osu.edu/adapt
- January 21 – Disease Management Options for Today’s Weather, Pierce Paul and Aaron Wilson
- February 18 – Managing Water in Today’s Wet and Dry Growing Seasons, Aaron Wilson, Eileen Kladivko, Larry Brown, Lyndon Kelley
- March 18 – 2021 Growing Season Weather Outlook and Changing Climate Patterns, Aaron Wilson
Link to Additional Programs From the Agronomic Crops Network
Best management practices and important updates for the 2021 growing season. Speakers include Peter Thomison, Steve Culman, Pierce Paul, Laura Lindsey, Mark Loux, Anne Dorrance, Andy Michel, and Kelley Tilmon. February 11, 9:00am-12:00pm (Corn College) and 1:00-4:00pm (Soybean School). Register: http://go.osu.edu/agronomyschools