On behalf of The Ohio State University, Ohio Sheep and Wool Program, and Ohio Sheep Improvement Association, we are pleased to announce the date of the 2023 Buckeye Shepherd’s Symposium to be held on Saturday, December 2, 2023 at The Ohio State University Wooster Campus Shisler Conference Center (1680 Madison Avenue, Wooster, Ohio 44691). The theme of the 2023 symposium is Nutrition and Marketing. Throughout the day, we will hear reflections and insights about changes in the sheep, lamb and wool industry. We will discuss nutrition as it primarily relates to sheep flocks including an emphasis on club lamb flock nutrition. We will also hear from speakers on marketing insights of both sheep, lamb and wool. Speakers and discussions will lead to the betterment of the flock and the American Sheep Industry.
Speakers at this years event include: Dr. Francis Fluharty, Allen Johnson, Ty McGuire, ASI President Brad Boner, ODA State Veterinarian Dr. Dennis Summers, OSU Small Ruminant Specialist Dr. Brady Campbell and more…
A quick guide highlighting the days events include:
- OSU Sheep Research Update/OSU Sheep Facility and Production Update
- Dr. Francis Fluharty, Chair of Animal Sciences, University of Georgia, Sheep Flock Nutrition
- Allen Johnson, Purina/Johnson Show Lambs, Club Lamb Flock Nutrition
- Ty McGuire, Biozyme Nutrition, Sheep Flock Nutrition
- Sheep and Lamb Marketing
- Dr. David Anderson, Agricultural Economist, Texas A&M University, via ZOOM
- Additional Events at the Buckeye Shepherd’s Symposium
- 8:00 a.m. – 2023 OSIA Annual Membership Meeting
- Breakfast and Lamb Lunch included with Registration
- Industry Awards Program
- OSIA Scholarship Silent Auction
- Trade Show
Of additional importance, the Young Shepherd’s Assembly will also be meeting again this year the evening before the symposium for fellowship and discussions related to all things sheep. Those that are 18-40 years of age (physically or at heart) are welcomed to join for food and drinks at JAFB Wooster Brewery, 120 Beall Ave., Wooster, OH 44691. Cost: FREE. Sponsored by Open Roads Renewables. Pre-registration required.
For those interested in registering for this years program, please do so by completing the online for at https://www.ohiosheep.org/osia-programs.html#symposium. Please complete your registration by November 18th.