Zanesville, OH–Putting up a tree this holiday season? Keep it real! We all have our preferences and strategies for holiday decorating, but if you go for a live tree there are few good tips to keep in mind.
- Know your stand. Go for a larger reservoir to keep the tree fresher longer
- Make sure you have a fresh cut. If left to long, the base of the trunk will seal and be unable to absorb water
- Water immediately as soon as you get home. If you can’t put the tree up right away, put it in a bucket or tub in the garage.
- Plan your placement. Windows with southern exposure will dry the tree out faster.
- Water often. Check the water level daily and make sure it does not go below the base of the tree.
- Plan to recycle.
December 12, 2019. Farm Bill Education Meeting, 7:00 PM, Tri-Valley High School
January 7., 2020. Muskingum Ag Network Breakfast, 8:00 AM, Friendly Hills Grange
January 10. Pizza, Pop and Profit, 12:00 PM, Rural Services Building
January 14. 5:30 PM, Master Gardener Training Class Begins
January 16. Private Pesticide Applicator Exam Training, 6:00 PM, Rural Services Building
January 23. Private Pesticide Applicator Exam Session, 1:00 PM, Rural Services Building (Register for Exam at this link)
February 4. 8:00 AM, Muskingum Ag Network Breakfast
February 4. 10:00 AM, Pesticide Applicator Recertification Training
February 6. 6:00 PM, Pesticide Applicator Recertification Training
A check on the weather shows just a trace of rain at the Zanesville Weather station (Zanesville Municipal AP) in the past seven days. 30-day rainfail total is 1.65 inches and a total of 38.95 inches is recorded for the year. (https://w1.weather.gov/data/obhistory/KZZV.html)