No one likes a nasty fridge and in the spirit of volunteerism we have implemented a weekly kitchen cleaning schedule for each floor in Mount Hall.
Each week two volunteers on each floor will clean the fridge and surrounding space for their kitchen(ette). Our signup sheet is organized by floor area to divide the work more evenly. This means if your desk number is 150-16 you would look to sign up on any weeks labeled 150 on the floor one volunteer column.
We ask that all Mount Hall residents sign up for a slot sometime this year (space permitting). We all have a part to play in keeping the building clean.
If it isn’t your week to clean out the fridge we ask that you help out and abide by these guidelines:
- If you plan on keeping food in the fridge after 3 p.m. on Friday, you must write your name/expiration date on food.
- If you are keeping your lunch in the fridge you won’t need to worry about this so long as you remove all of your items before 3 p.m. Friday. No need to label things daily unless you are attempting to leave it over the weekend.
- Any expired or unmarked items will be thrown away after 3 p.m. Friday.
- Empty containers/bags will be left on counter to be retrieved by EOD Friday.
- Cleaning sign-up sheet is divided by floor area and will be posted on fridge on each floor.
- Volunteer names will be highlighted during their week and subsequently crossed out.
- Cleaning directions will also be posted near the fridge .
Clean Up Plan:
Who: 2 volunteers on each floor will clean the fridge.
When: 3 to 5 p.m. Friday
- Throw away expired or unmarked items.
- Place empty containers/lunch bags beside the fridge for retrieval by EOD Friday.
- Clean shelves & outside of fridge
- wipe down counters (and microwaves on garden level).