It is important that you Know Your Numbers. By knowing your BMI, blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar (either glucose and/or A1C) values, you can make changes to improve your health and reduce your risk of developing heart disease, diabetes and other serious illnesses. You can obtain your health values annually with your primary care provider (PCP) or at an upcoming biometric screening event:
If you have recently* had a physical or completed a biometric screening with your PCP, you can use those values to complete your Personal Health and Well-Being Assessment (PHA). Provide your PCP with theKnow Your Numbers Provider Form and submit the completed form to the OSU Health Plan. (Form accessible after Jan. 1, 2017)
On-Campus Screening Event
On Oct. 30th, the OSU Health Plan’s RN Health Promotion Specialist(s) will be in our department to complete complimentary screenings and flu shots. See below for registration details.
Once you obtain your required health values [height, weight, blood pressure, total cholesterol, HDL and a blood sugar value (either glucose or A1C)], complete your PHA to complete level one of the incentive program. Your PHA (a 15 minute online questionnaire) can be found here.
If you would like to register for the upcoming biometric health screening in our department, follow the steps below:
- Go here and click “Start Here”, then “Schedule a Biometric Screening”.
- Log in with your Ohio State name.# and password.
- Highlight “Biometric Health Screening” and/or “Flu Vaccination” then find the “appointment code” box.
- In the “Appointment Code” box type in MOUNT17 Do NOT copy and paste as this doesn’t always work to activate the code.
- Click “Find Appointments or Classes”- This will show only the appointments available for this screening event.
- Continue to schedule the appointment. If you experience any difficulty, please contact Customer Service at 292-4700 with your Appointment Code.
Please remember that participating in the wellness program is completely voluntary. We understand that your health history is very personal — protecting your information and keeping it private is of utmost importance to us. While participating in YP4H, the personal information that you provide, whether online or in person, is only available to you and those whom you authorize to access it. Beyond the team at the OSU Health Plan, your nurse, health coach, or your own PCP, no other Ohio State personnel will see or have access to your results.
*Please use health values obtained since December 1, 2016.