- Abby Motter
- Agriscience Education, Minors in Production Agriculture and Spanish, Class of 2019
- Honors & Research Distinction
- Early Teaching Experience at North Union High School, Projected Student Teaching Spring of 2019
- Who am I?
- Hometown: Mansfield, Ohio
- Lover of Travel, Livestock, Youth Development, Planners & Iced Coffee
- Campus Involvement
- Ohio Staters, Incorporated
- College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences Ambassador
- Vice President, Edward S. “Beanie” Drake Endowment Fund Board of Directors
- President, Agricultural Education Society
- Career Development Experience
- Summer 2018 Public Relations Intern, Ohio State Fair
- Spring 2018 Communications Intern, Ohio Country Journal & Ohio Ag Net
- Outreach Coordinator Assistant, Education Projects – Ohio Soybean Council
- National FFA Facilitator
- Experience Ohio State For a Day Student Coordinator, The Ohio State University, CFAES, Office of Prospective Student Services
- Summer 2017 Extension Intern, The Ohio State University
Why I decided to pursue Global Options
- As a future agricultural educator I want to help my students and community have a global perspective about agriculture. In addition, I want to engage and facilitate service learning abroad as an educator, to role model for my students the importance of being a global citizen.
My Goals for Global Options
- To take my global experiences while at The Ohio State University, and articulate their significance in my professional development.
- To grow my Spanish language and cultural skills so I can play a role in my agricultural community, communicating with hired labor, and English as a Second Language Students.
- To internationalize my curriculum and course content as I prepare to teach high school agricultural courses, bringing a global perspective to the classroom.
- To serve as a role model of what it means to be a global citizen for my students, encouraging and engaging them in international service learning opportunities.