Columbus To-Do List #2

For my second experience for this list, I chose to visit Da Levee in the Short North. The experience was pretty great. As soon as I opened the door, I could smell the jambalaya and chorizo. The place felt like home. I was greeted and served right away, and my server was awesome. He recommended I try the black bean maque choux and the gumbo with sausage ( both turned out to be delicious.) Since it was early, I also caught the afternoon rush, which was quite interesting. I could see the people who were seasoned veterans here order up on the spicy chicken and chicken creole. Some of the employee’s knew them by name. For such a small moment, it turned out to have a great impact on me. It showed me that hospitality and customer service was very important here. On that note, I would definitely recommend the food here. It left my wallet in serious pain, but it was worth it. Anyone who likes food with a decent amount of kick and lots of flavor will enjoy almost anything on the menu. I’ve already added Da Levee to the list of places that have won me over in Columbus, so I expect to visit more often as I continue my stay in Columbus.