Zoo Trip

I had the opportunity to travel with fellow scholars, biological sciences and health sciences, to the zoo. I chose to take the animal health center tour. It was such an enriching experience to see the work that is put into keeping all of the thousands of animals at the zoo healthy. The building was renovated recently to give the veterinarians and the zoo staff a better space to help the animals. One of the most important things that we learned about was probably the relationship that the vets and the individual people that are around the animals each day. It is important for the animals to have a person with them that knows them well so that the vets are able to to properly take care of them. Along with a tour of the facility, we were able to learn about the service projects that each of the vets at this animal health center are focused on. My personal favorite was the sea turtle project. After the tour I was able to tour make my way around the zoo with fellow scholars, and my personal favorite part of the day was feeding a giraffe.