Communicating and Collaborating

The most useful bit of information I learned in Module 2 was not just the aspects of a blog, but the tools that can come with the blogging world as well. These tools are Trello, OneNote, and Slack, with each having a specific job that can be incorporated in many ways. Trello helps manage projects by assigning tasks to keep group-work as well as individual work on track. OneNote helps gather ideas with the ability to share these ideas across groups of users. Lastly, Slack is strictly a communication tool helping groups quickly communicate between each other.

An example of something from this module I already incorporate in my life is Cloud Computing. I have used Google Docs a lot throughout my college career and it is a great way to complete group assignments as everyone can edit the document all at once, plus the ability to view what each person has edited since the last time I logged in. The autosave feature on Google Docs is convenient as well.

Ideas students could use from this module to put into practice is the mindset to assume you are in a face-to-face conversation when you are communicating with someone in any online situation, whether it’d be email or writing a post on Twitter. Having this type of mindset that you are physically with the person improves your online communication in ways such as grammar and respect. This is an idea to put into practice the next time you send an email or interact with someone on social media.

Advice I’d give to students based on what I’ve read in this module, is to be aware of your Netiquette. This goes hand-in-hand with the idea of having the mindset of talking to someone face-to-face in online interactions. Netiquette is internet etiquette, and having netiquette protects a person’s digital reputation. Avoiding confrontation/arguments online is one way to keep your internet etiquette respected. Just think about your netiquette next time you log onto social media and remember that anything you post online, is there forever.

One thought on “Communicating and Collaborating