Meghan Thoreau, OSU Extension Educator
This two-day high school summer camp explores career options in health science. This opportunity is sponsored by Pickaway WORKS in partnership with OSU Extension and Ohio Health Berger. Student participants will meet and shadow multiple healthcare professionals and learn first-hand about the in-demand careers in this growing sector. Two healthcare certifications, STOP the Bleed and CPR, will be available for students to obtain, as well as, become fast-tracked towards 16+ healthcare internship opportunities and college tuition benefits available after high school graduation.
- Day 1: June 8th, 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., (optional CPR Certification, 12:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.)
- Day 2: June 9th, 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Ohio Health Berger Hospital, 600 N Pickaway St, Circleville, OH 43113, Berger Classrooms in the basement of the Medical Office Building. Participants should enter the main doors, turn left, and walk past the cafe and gift shop. Take either the stairs or the elevator to the lower level where the healthcare classrooms are located. (Optional CRP Certification at the Circleville Fire Dept 586 North Court Street, Circleville OH 43113.)
Day 1 PRE-REQS *
- OhioHealth/Pickaway WORKS Introductions (presentation)
- Experts/Leaders Panel Discussion
- Tour of Hospital
- Critical Role Career Discovery Stations
- Strength Quest Survey
- Option: CPR American Red Cross Certification
- DAY 1 Feedback Survey: Health Science Careers Camp
- Career and College Pathways Discussion
- Pickaway-Ross Career & Tech Center and Other Education Options
- Stop the Bleed Certification PRE-REQS * *
- Shadowing Opportunities
- Strengths Quest
- DAY 2 Feedback Survey: Health Science Careers Camp
**REQUIRED copy/save Google Doc folders in the Resource section below into your account to use and edit.
**REQUIRED to watch the STOP the Bleed Training Video prior to June 8th and complete the quiz at the end. Save and bring your quiz results with you on June 8th.
- Pickaway WORKS Career Ready Resources Link (copy/save into school Google Drive)
- Includes Care Plan Checklist, Healthcare Resume Example & Writing Guide, and Healthcare Resume Templates.
- OSU Extension Resume and Career Development Resources Link (copy/save into school Google Drive)
- Includes Questions for Education & Training Options, Questions for Expert Panel and Job Shadow, Career Ready Checklist, Mock Interview Questions, Mock Interview Grading Rubric, and Activity Sequence Flow Chart.
- Explore Health Careers
- Occupational Outlook Handbook: healthcare occupations
- Types of Health Careers by Schools