About Me

Biography

My favorite place on earth will always be the corn and soybean farm where I grew up in Washington Court House (one hour south of Columbus), but along the way I’ve visited some places that I love almost just as much. Through my four years at OSU, I’ve participated in multiple study abroad programs spanning 4 continents and 10 countries. Nicaragua, Antarctica, a semester in Italy (with lots of side trips), and soon a World War II adventure, hold some of my favorite memories and are where I’ve learned impactful, life-shaping lessons. Some of my favorite things to do when I’m home are running (I’m gearing up for my 5th half marathon!) skiing, fishing, and cooking/trying new foods. On campus I’m involved in Ohio Staters, Inc, a student service organization, and the agribusiness club. I look forward to starting a full time career this July at Trimble Agriculture as an applications engineer in Denver, Colorado this July.

Why I decided to pursue Global Option

I’ve loved each of my individual study abroad experiences and the global option is the perfect way to reflect upon each of these programs and to make myself more aware of how I’ve grown because of them. I view the Global Option as a way to think critically about how education abroad made me develop as an individual and to become more aware of my cultural competencies and values.

My Goal for Global Option

I hope to complete the Global Option program with a better understanding of other cultures and how I’ve grown from experiencing them as a traveler. Also, I want to examine global issues through my research project and utilize that knowledge as I work in precision agriculture, an especially global agriculture facet.

Top Left: Exploring the Gardens at the Palace of Versailles – I went to Paris during my semester in Italy. We had a very generous fall break.

Top Right: Before I indulged in a personal pizza in Naples, Italy…Yes, a personal pizza. 

Bottom Left: Sleeping on Antarctica!

Bottom Right: The group of first year students who went to Nicaragua over winter break in 2015.