I’m looking forward to chairing the Mapping Science Committee (MSC) of the US National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine! We have a great committee for the next three years:
- Harvey J. Miller, Chair, The Ohio State University
- Daniel G. Brown, University of Michigan
- Stewart Fotheringham, Arizona State University
- Henry Lin, Pennsylvania State University
- Mark E. Reichardt, Open GIS Consortium, Inc.
- Kathleen Stewart, University of Maryland
- Kristin M. Tolle, Microsoft Research
- Grady H. Tuell, 3D Ideas
- Martha McCart Wells, Spatial Focus, Inc.
Here are the biographical sketches for this first-rate team.
The MSC organizes and oversees National Research Council studies that provide independent advice to society and to government at all levels on geospatial science, technology, and policy. It also addresses aspects of geographic information science that deal with the acquisition, integration, storage, distribution, and use of spatial data. Through its studies, the committee promotes the informed and responsible development and use of spatial data for the benefit of society.