Artifacts

Artifact 1-

My junior year of high school I spent a semester volunteering with a second grade class and still till this day it was my favorite high school experience. It really reminded me how much I truly love kids and love giving back to my community. I have always been a very caring person and on my last day here all the kids cried and smothered me in hugs no matter how many times their teacher told them to stay in their chairs. I had plenty of accomplishments through out high school but this is what I am most proud of because I watched ESL kids go from failing every spelling test to passing after a few weeks of working with me and I will always be grateful for such an experience.

Artifact 2-

Since I have been in college I have already faced multiple challenges and a lot of adversity but the girls you see in this picture have made everything so much better for me. I have a great group of friends who are all self motivated to succeed in everything they do which inspires me to do well too. They all come from different backgrounds and we have all taught each other something new and forced each other to grow. Friendship has always been a very important thing to me and leaving my friends at home to go to school up here was really hard for me but these girls have all made the transition way easier.