Sophomore Year and Beyond

Now that I have become better adjusted to life on campus, I have gained a better understanding of who I am and what I want to during my time here. Academically, I hope to continue to hold myself to a high standard and remain on Dean’s List for the rest of my time at Ohio State, and to continue to take higher level courses that challenge my assumptions and skills. Furthermore, I want to incorporate more humanities courses into my schedule so that I can find a balance between the technical skills of STEM classes and the interpersonal skills that come through engaging with literature of philosophy first hand. It is my hope that when I graduate from Ohio State I will have the skills necessary both inside and out of the classroom to succeed in my desired field, and to do this I must be a well rounded student. This desire to be well rounded and connect with others is something I also plan to show in my extracurricular involvement at OSU, as I hope to continue being a guide for new members of my fraternity, and to take leadership in clubs that represent these values. Professionally, I hope to get into a research lab and put the technical skills I have been mastering into practice in my laboratory courses. Hopefully I will be able to do this in tandem with continuing to work in a clinical setting, getting me used to the setting of my future career. I also plan to continue to network with both other pre-medical students through Alpha Epsilon Delta and with connections I have made with students in medical school and doctors in the field to gain a better understanding of what I will need to do and the resources I can use to do it. Overall, if I can become a more well rounded student and allow my passion for helping others and forming connections to make a difference, I will be satisfied when I graduate.

One thought on “Sophomore Year and Beyond

1. I agree! That balance of knowledge and perspective is important to have. Glad to hear this year was a pretty good one.