Earth Month Action Plan

Week 1: Research problems that surround the water quality problems in Columbus and in other areas around the world.

This could be difficult because there are so many different resources and they are not all reliable sources. The difficult part will be finding out which sources are reliable and which are not. This will be a good lead in to the email to the governor so that I will have information and questions that I can ask the governor.

Week 2: Email the governor about the poor quality of water present in Columbus.

This is the governor of Ohio, and his name is John Kasich. The website that should accomplish this goal is http://www.governor.ohio.gov/Contact/ContacttheGovernor.aspx . This might be difficult because writing up a message to someone in power is never an easy task and there is no guarantee that he will receive the email and reply.

Week 3: Participate in a river clean-up.

This may be difficult if there is not already a group of people scheduled to participate in the river clean-up however it is not necessary for there to be a group that goes out. The weekend of the third week I will either join in a pre-existing river cleanup or I will go out on my own and pick up litter.

Week 4: Tour a water treatment plant.

This would be a very informative and fun tour and would also help me learn about the process of cleaning water. The difficulties of this would be transportation and time management. However the benefits of this tour far outweighs the difficulties I will experience. If possible I can talk to the people who work at the plant to get more information and schedule a time and I can use the COTA bus or Uber to get where I need to go.