Module 4- Web-Enhanced Reading and Study Strategies

Hi everyone!Welcome back to this weeks blog post!

This week, I will be discussing my tips and tricks for online reading and study strategies. As mentioned in my previous posts, most of us are facing a hard time trying to accommodate this whole online situation. Some may hate it, some love it! Reading online may be difficult for us, especially if we don’t like to stare at the computer screen for long hours. I am the type of student where I like everything on paper because staring at the computer screen for more than 2 hours strain my eyes. To be honest, whenever my professor assign readings, I find myself skimming through it. I don’t actually read it. However, after learning from this week’s module, I’ve found some helpful tips and tricks that helped me!

Here are 2 ways I found helpful:

1. adapt what already works!
    • this is the most useful tip for me. Since I like paper copies, I simply print out my reading and read from there! As mentioned in this week’s powerpoint, “just because the paper is being replaced with an electronic screen does not mean that you have to start from scratch in developing good study habits”. Find a way around it and find what works best for you!
  2. don’t settle for mindless highlight
    • I’m admit, I do this quite often. However, one way to avoid this is to pull up the objectives your professor gives you. Read the objective and highlight the answers in the reading to the objective. That way, you are studying efficiently and am not mindless highlighting useless information.

One thing that I’ve already put into practice is printing out my lectures/ readings. I even handwrite my lectures if I don’t feel like printing them out. I find this extremely helpful by helping my remember the information better. As mentioned in the module, “adapt what already works”.  Just because your classes are online doesn’t mean that you can’t have it on paper. Dont be afraid to change things up. College is made differently for everyone.

Source: Module 4 powerpoint lecture