CME Webcasts Teaches on Pancreatic Cancer. It wasn’t until the 20th century that histopathologic diagnosis confirmed pancreatic adenocarcinoma. Pancreatic cancer still remains one of the most lethal cancers today. So we’re excited to have two of Ohio State University James Cancer Hospital’s cancer experts here to discuss pancreatic cancer. First, we have Dr Aslam Ejaz who is a surgical oncologist specializing in Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary and Gastrointestinal cancer surgeries. Second, we have Dr Arjun Mittra, who is a medical oncologist specializing in gastrointestinal cancers. Together they work in a multidisciplinary team to provide care to patients gastrointestinal cancers including pancreatic cancer.
What you’ll learn in this webcast
- As a result of this educational activity, webcast participants will be able to:
- Provide an overview of the workup and diagnosis of patients with suspected pancreatic cancer.
- Provide an overview of treatment strategies based on the stage of disease.
- Review common presentations and appropriate workup for patients with suspected pancreatic cancer.
- Discuss the multidisciplinary nature of pancreatic cancer care, with a focus on managing complications, comorbidities and supportive care.
You’ll also learn about the following:
- Diagnosis and Treatment Updates
- Pre-malignant Lesions
You can find this and many other MedNet21 programs on the OSU – CCME website.
Call our MedNet21 Program Manager at 614.293.3473 for more details about subscribing to MedNet21 as a hospital or as an individual. You can also e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.