Webcast Educates Physicians On Value Based Care and Reimbursement. Where is all the money going? Mostly to treat chronic illnesses like heart disease, diabetes, and asthma. The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality estimates that care of chronic illness makes up 78% of US health expenditures. So how do we control the ballooning costs of healthcare while still provide high quality or high value care to our patients?
To help answer, that question, We’ve invited two value based care experts to the program. We’re pleased to introduce MedNet veteran Associate Professor Dr Aaron Clark who serves as the chair of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center’s Department of Family and Community Medicine. He is also the Medical Director of Value Based Care and Accountable Care Organization at OSU. And we’re also joined by Dr Sandeep Palakodeti who is an Internist and entrepreneur who founded 2 healthcare organizations Hopscotch Health and mishe.co.
What you’ll learn in this webcast
- As a result of this educational activity, webcast participants will be able to:
- Understand and appreciate the recent trend in primary care shifting to retail and venture-backed organizations. Be able to define some of the key characteristics of why these practices are successful and are considered valuable for patients and by the market.
- Describe a few prevailing trends that will shift how the industry is moving based on recent ruling by CMS and signs by other payors and stakeholders in healthcare.
You’ll also learn about the following:
- Cost vs Outcomes
- Patient Satisfaction
- Complex & High-Risk Patients
- Administrative & IT burden
- Health Disparities
You can find this and many other MedNet21 programs on the OSU – CCME website.
Call our MedNet21 Program Manager at 614.293.3473 for more details about subscribing to MedNet21 as a hospital or as an individual. You can also e-mail him at email@example.com.