Primary Care Physicians Learn about Oropharyngeal Cancer on Webcast. On this CME webcast, we’re going to learn about oropharyngeal cancer, what causes it, how to treat it, and how to prevent it. We’re pleased to welcome head and neck cancer specialist and Assistant Professor of Otolaryngology, Dr. Stephen Kang.
View a video introduction of this webcast
What you’ll learn in this webcast
As a result of this educational activity, webcast participants will be able to: UNDERSTAND the common patterns of clinical presentation of oropharynx cancer; and RECOGNIZE the role of HPV in the development of oropharynx cancer, and the way HPV has changed head and neck cancer.
You’ll also learn about the following:
- Diagnostic challenges of oropharyngeal cancer
- Causes of oropharyngeal cancer
- Laryngeal cancer versus oropharyngeal cancer
- Non-squamous cell oropharyngeal cancers
- Parotid gland tumors
- Dysphagia after oropharyngeal cancer treatment
- Speech and taste after oropharyngeal cancer treatment
You can find this and many other MedNet21 programs on the OSU – CCME website.
Call our MedNet21 Program Manager at 614.293.3473 for more details about subscribing to MedNet21 as a hospital or as an individual. You can also e-mail him at email@example.com.