CME Webcasts Teaches on Cardiomyopathy. On this CME webcast, we are going to give you the information you need to be able to recognize cardiomyopathy in your patients and then to be able to identify the specific cause of their cardiomyopathy. Joining our moderator in the studio are two cardiologists from the Ohio State University. Dr. Sitaramesh Emani is an Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine and the Director of Heart Failure Clinical Trials at Ohio State. And Dr. Brent Lampert is an Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine and the Associate Program Director for the heart failure and transplant fellowship.
View a video introduction of this webcast
What you’ll learn in this webcast
As a result of this educational activity, webcast participants will be able to: UNDERSTAND the common presenting signs and symptoms of cardiomyopathy; and REVIEW the diagnostic work up for cardiomyopathy.
You’ll also learn about the following:
- Common causes of cardiomyopathy
- Initial diagnostic steps in cardiomyopathy
- Follow up imaging in patients with cardiomyopathy
- Myocardial sarcoidosis
- Physical examination of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Takotsubo cardiomyopathy
- Diagnosing restrictive cardiomyopathies
- Significance and work up of diastolic dysfunction
- Chemotherapy-induced cardiomyopathy
- Chagas Disease (Trypanosoma infection)
You can find this and many other MedNet21 programs on the OSU – CCME website.
Call our MedNet21 Program Manager at 614.293.3473 for more details about subscribing to MedNet21 as a hospital or as an individual. You can also e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.