CME Webcast Teaches On Prostate Cancer Treatment. Last year on MedNet21, urologist Dr. Ahmad Shabsigh gave us an overview about some of the controversy surrounding prostate cancer screening and laid out some very thoughtful and rational recommendations about who should be screened. On this CME webcast, we’re going to look at prostate cancer treatment. We’re pleased to welcome back to the studio Assistant Professor of Urology Dr. Ahmad Shabsigh who is going to update us on the surgical management of prostate cancer. And then to update us on the medical management of prostate cancer, we have Associate Professor of Internal Medicine and oncologist at the James Cancer Hospital, Dr. Paul Monk.
View a video introduction of this webcast
What you’ll learn in this webcast
As a result of this educational activity, webcast participants will be able to: UNDERSTAND the role of new prognostication tools; and REVIEW new treatment options for localized prostate cancer.
You’ll also learn about the following:
- Surgical decision making in prostate cancer
- Medical management of advanced prostate cancer
- What to expect during your prostatectomy
- Urinary incontinence and impotence after different forms of treatment
- Choosing an androgen deprivation therapy
- Testosterone levels in advanced prostate cancer
- PSA levels in advanced prostate cancer
You can find this and many other MedNet21 programs on the OSU – CCME website.
Call our MedNet21 Program Manager at 614.293.3473 for more details about subscribing to MedNet21 as a hospital or as an individual. You can also e-mail him at email@example.com.