CME Webcast Teaches on Concussion. Concussions are still very common in sports or from falls or during motor vehicle accidents. And we know a lot more about the evaluation and the consequences of concussions. On this MedNet21 webcast, we’re going to be updating you on the assessment of concussion and recovery after sports concussions. Joining our moderator in the studio is the Director of the Division of Sports Medicine and Associate Professor of Family Medicine, Dr. James Borchers. And also, Assistant Professor of Neurology and concussion specialist, Dr. Kevin Weber.
View a video introduction of this webcast
What you’ll learn in this webcast
As a result of this educational activity, webcast participants will be able to: REVIEW concussion evaluation and treatment; DISCUSS return to play guidelines for an athlete with a head injury; UNDERSTAND how to treat symptoms after concussion; EDUCATE on the evidence for therapies for post-traumatic headache.
You’ll also learn about the following:
- Loss of consciousness and concussion
- Duration of symptoms after concussion
- Concussion evaluation myths
- Making return to play after concussion objective
- When to refer a patient to a post-concussion specialist
- Post-concussion headache and implications for return to play
- When can you stop medications?
- Concussion prevention
- Concussion in older persons and after non-sports injuries
You can find this and many other MedNet21 programs on the OSU – CCME website.
Call our MedNet21 Program Manager at 614.293.3473 for more details about subscribing to MedNet21 as a hospital or as an individual. You can also e-mail him at email@example.com.