Experts Teach on COVID-19 Impact on Pediatrics. On this webcast, we’re going to look at the impact of COVID-19 on pediatrics. We’re pleased to welcome our guests. Joining us by video is Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Dr. Micah Skeens. Her research has been on the psychosocial impact of diseases such as childhood cancer. And here in the studio is pediatric pulmonologist and Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Dr. Sabrina Palacios.
What you’ll learn in this webcast
As a result of this educational activity, webcast participants will be able to:
- Describe the well-being of children and adolescents during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Discuss socio-ecological factors related to the well-being of children and adolescents during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Know the definition of pediatric “long COVID”
- Know chronic pulmonary symptoms and current management in the pediatric population.
You’ll also learn about the following:
- Presentation of acute COVID infection in children
- Sequela of COVID infection in children
- Long-COVID versus other post-viral syndromes in children
- Paradoxical vocal cord dysfunction (VCD)
You can find this and many other MedNet21 programs on the OSU – CCME website.
Call our MedNet21 Program Manager at 614.293.3473 for more details about subscribing to MedNet21 as a hospital or as an individual. You can also e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.