On-line CME for Immigrant Medicine. On this CME webcast, we’re going to take a close up look at the process of immigration from the physician’s perspective. What medical evaluations immigrants have to undergo and what healthcare workers need to know about the immigration process. Joining our moderator in the studio is Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine, Dr. Mark Troyer
View a video introduction of this webcast
What you’ll learn in this webcast
As a result of this educational activity, webcast participants will be able to: DESCRIBE the major types of immigration to the US, with focus on the origins of refugees arriving in Ohio; and OUTLINE the framework of medical screening that occurs inside and outside the US during immigration.
You’ll also learn about the following:
- Why people immigrate
- Immigrant populations in Columbus, Ohio
- Interpreter services
- PPD versus Quantiferon
- Cultural differences in end-of-life care
- Medical implications of undocumented immigrants
- Integrating traditional medicine with Western medicine
- Health insurance for non-citizens
- Immigrants requiring dialysis and other chronic medical treatments
You can find this and many other MedNet21 programs on the OSU – CCME website.
Call our MedNet21 Program Manager at 614.293.3473 for more details about subscribing to MedNet21 as a hospital or as an individual. You can also e-mail him at email@example.com.