CME Webcast Provides a Thyroid Update. Overall, 20 million Americans have some form of thyroid disease and over their lifetimes, 1 out of every 8 women will develop a thyroid disease. On this CME webcast, we’re going to hear about the spectrum of thyroid disorders. Joining our moderator in the studio is endocrinologist and Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine, Dr. Elizabeth Buschur.
View a video introduction of this webcast
What you’ll learn in this webcast
As a result of this educational activity, webcast participants will be able to: UNDERSTAND the diagnosis and management of hypo- and hyperthyroidism; DIAGNOSE and manage a thyroid nodule.
You’ll also learn about the following:
- Risk factors for thyroid disease
- Epidemiology of thyroid disease
- Thyroid storm
- Myxedema coma
- Choosing a thyroid replacement product
- Over-the-counter animal thyroid replacement
- Thyroid drug interactions
- T3 levels, thyroglobulin antibodies, and thyroid peroxidase antibodies
- Approach to the incidental goiter
You can find this and many other MedNet21 programs on the OSU – CCME website.
Call our MedNet21 Program Manager at 614.293.3473 for more details about subscribing to MedNet21 as a hospital or as an individual. You can also e-mail him at email@example.com.