Learn About Thyroid Cancer During CME Webcast. On this CME webcast, we’re going to talk about thyroid nodules: which ones need to be biopsied and which ones can be followed. And then we’re going to talk about thyroid cancer: how to diagnose it, how to treat it, and how to follow it. Our guest today is an endocrinologist and Associate Professor of Internal Medicine at the Ohio State University, Dr. Jennifer Sipos. Enjoy this introduction.
View a video introduction of this webcast
What you’ll learn in this webcast
As a result of this educational activity, webcast participants will be able to: DISCUSS the epidemiology of thyroid nodules and thyroid cancer; and OUTLINE the general management principles for thyroid cancer.
You’ll also learn about the following:
- Physical examination of the thyroid gland
- Detection of thyroid nodules by exam
- Thyroid cancer histology and prognosis
- Side effects of thyroid cancer surgery
- Management of metastatic thyroid cancer
- Role of CT scans in thyroid nodule detection and evaluation
- Long-term follow-up of simple cysts of the thyroid
- Evaluation of the multinodular goiter
You can find this and many other MedNet21 programs on the OSU – CCME website.
Call our MedNet21 Program Manager at 614.293.3473 for more details about subscribing to MedNet21 as a hospital or as an individual. You can also e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.