Get a Better Understanding of Single Payer Health Systems. If you look at other economically successful countries, most have some type of single payer health care and most do a better job of delivering consistently high quality health care to all of their residents than we do here in the United States. But what exactly is a single payer health plan and would it work here in the United States? Well, today on this CME webcast, we’re going to introduce you to how single payer plans work and we’ll let you decide if it is the right idea for our nation. Here with me in the studio is Associate Professor from the Division of Health Services Management and Policy from the Ohio State University College of Public Health, Dr. Eric Seiber.
View a video introduction of this webcast
What you’ll learn in this webcast
As a result of this educational activity, webcast participants will be able to: EXPLAIN how a single payer would be different from our current method of paying for health care in the United States; and COMPARE the outcomes of existing single payer systems to outcomes in the United States.
You’ll also learn about the following:
- What a single payer health system is
- The health care system for Massachusetts
- What would happen to the insurance companies
- Hospital ownership and uncompensated care
- Medication coverage: effects on downstream costs
- Colorectal cancer screening in Appalachia
- The Canadian health system
- The United Kingdom health system
- Lessons learned from the Veteran’s Administration
You can find this and many other MedNet21 programs on the OSU – CCME website.
Call our MedNet21 Program Manager at 614.293.3473 for more details about subscribing to MedNet21 as a hospital or as an individual. You can also e-mail him at email@example.com.