CME Webcast Discusses Evaluation of the Inpatient With Anemia. On this CME webcast, we are going to help you diagnose and treat the common causes of anemia you encounter during inpatient practice but really, a lot of this information is going to apply to outpatients as well. Joining our moderator is hematologist and Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine from the Ohio State University, Dr. Camila Masias.
View a video introduction of this webcast
What you’ll learn in this webcast
As a result of this educational activity, webcast participants will be able to: Classify anemias according to their reticulocyte count and mean corpuscular volume; and determine the appropriate diagnostic workup required to identify the cause of anemia.
You’ll also learn about the following:
- The most common causes of anemia in inpatients
- Initial approach in the evaluation of anemia
- Interpretation of ferritin in the setting of inflammatory diseases
- Causes of iron malabsorption
- When to do a bone marrow biopsy
- Management of iron deficiency from heavy menstrual periods
- Time to resolution of anemia after starting appropriate treatment
You can find this and many other MedNet21 programs on the OSU – CCME website.
Call our MedNet21 Program Manager at 614.293.3473 for more details about subscribing to MedNet21 as a hospital or as an individual. You can also e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.