CME Webcast Covers Approach to Neuropathy. On this CME webcast, we are going to give you a tour of peripheral neuropathy: the causes, the diagnostic approach, and treatments. Joining our moderator in the studio are neuromuscular specialists. Dr. Stanley Iyadurai is an Assistant Professor of Neurology here at the OSU Wexner Medical Center. And Dr. Amro Stino is also an Assistant Professor of Neurology at Ohio State.
View a video introduction of this webcast
What you’ll learn in this webcast
As a result of this educational activity, webcast participants will be able to: UNDERSTAND basic presentations of neuropathy; and PROVIDE treatment/management options for neuropathy.
You’ll also learn about the following:
- Common signs and symptoms of peripheral neuropathy
- The most common causes of peripheral neuropathy
- When to order nerve conduction studies and EMGs
- Long-term prognosis for Guillain-Barre syndrome
- Plasmapheresis versus IV IgG for Guillain-Barre
- Causes of carpal tunnel syndrome
- Treatment of carpal tunnel syndrome
- Prevention of chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy
- Role of nutritional supplements and enzymes in treatment of peripheral neuropathy
You can find this and many other MedNet21 programs on the OSU – CCME website.
Call our MedNet21 Program Manager at 614.293.3473 for more details about subscribing to MedNet21 as a hospital or as an individual. You can also e-mail him at email@example.com.