Gain A Better Understanding of Psoriasis on CME Webcast. Over the centuries, thousands of treatments have been tried and thousands of treatments have failed. But the good news is that in the past few years there have been effective new biologic agents developed that are offering hope to patients with the most severe cases of psoriasis. Joining us on our webcast to discuss the diagnosis and management of psoriasis is dermatologist and Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine, Dr. Jessica Kaffenberger.
View a video introduction of this webcast
What you’ll learn in this webcast
As a result of this educational activity, webcast participants will be able to: RECOGNIZE the different types of psoriasis and how to effectively treat them; DESCRIBE the pathogenesis of psoriasis and how it correlates with the newest therapies; and IDENTIFY frequent psoriasis co-morbidities that affect medication management.
You’ll also learn about the following:
- The etiology of psoriasis
- New directions in treating psoriasis
- The role of skin biopsy
- Psoriasis versus eczema
- Long-term prognosis for patients with psoriasis
- Relationship of diet, exercise, and sunlight with psoriasis
- Deodorants and common skin lotions
- Swimming with psoriasis
- Treatment of psoriatic arthritis
- Precautions for patients taking methotrexate
- Genital psoriasis and sexual health
You can find this and many other MedNet21 programs on the OSU – CCME website.
Call our MedNet21 Program Manager at 614.293.3473 for more details about subscribing to MedNet21 as a hospital or as an individual. You can also e-mail him at email@example.com.