Learn About Treatment of Opioid Dependency on CME Webcast. In the 55 years since Dr. Dole began his ground breaking research in the treatment of opioid addiction, we have come a long way toward better understanding the effects of opioids and toward developing effective treatment for opioid addiction. However all of these advances have been eclipsed by increased opioid use in the United States fueled by the unbridled prescription of opioid pain relievers in the 1990’s and 2000’s, by price reduction in heroin on the streets, and by recent availability of newer high potency opioids such as fentanyl. But there is hope and on this CME webcast, we’re going to hear about some of the effective solutions to opioid addiction. Here with me in the studio is addiction specialist and Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Dr. Casia Horseman.
View a video introduction of this webcast
What you’ll learn in this webcast
As a result of this educational activity, webcast participants will be able to: REVIEW the assessment of opioid use disorder; and DESCRIBE pharmacological and psychosocial treatments for opioid use disorder.
You’ll also learn about the following:
- Demographics of opioid addiction
- Why opioid use is such a growing problem
- Why patients relapse
- Treatment selection strategies
- The role of the primary care physician in the treatment of opioid use disorder
- Insurance coverage for treatment
- Time-limited opioid prescriptions to relieve withdrawal symptoms
- Inpatient management of the patient already on medication treatment for opioid addiction
You can find this and many other MedNet21 programs on the OSU – CCME website.
Call our MedNet21 Program Manager at 614.293.3473 for more details about subscribing to MedNet21 as a hospital or as an individual. You can also e-mail him at email@example.com.