Webcast Teaches Physcians About Attention Deficit Disorder in Adults. ADHD has become more and more widely accepted and the prevalence has been increasing over the past couple of decades. Now, parents report nearly 10% of their kids struggle with ADHD. Rates in adults are increasing as well—and untreated ADHD can have serious negative consequences including higher rates of motor vehicle accidents, substance use, employment troubles, relationship problems and even suicide. So to help us better understand Adult ADHD and its treatment options, We’ve invited two of Ohio State University’s Psychiatric experts. Dr Justin Barterian is a Clinical Psychologist and Assistant Professor who specializes in diagnosing and treating ADHD and learning disorders. And Dr Lacramioara Speitie is Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist and Assistant Professor with clinical interests in ADHD and learning disabilities.
What you’ll learn in this webcast
As a result of this educational activity, webcast participants will be able to:
- Identify the components of a thorough ADHD evaluation.
- Identify the factors complicating ADHD diagnosis.
- Become more familiar with the pharmacological, psycho-social, and complementary treatments of ADHD in adults
- Become more familiar with safety issues when prescribing stimulant medication in adult patients
You’ll also learn about the following:
- THC use
- Self-help guides
- Stimulant contraindications
- Online evaluations
You can find this and many other MedNet21 programs on the OSU – CCME website.
Call our MedNet21 Program Manager at 614.293.3473 for more details about subscribing to MedNet21 as a hospital or as an individual. You can also e-mail him at email@example.com.