Learn About Medical Communication and Conflict Management. On this CME webcast, we are going to show you how physicians can better communicate in order to improve patient care while avoiding hostility and burnout. Joining me in the studio is Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine, Dr. Shawn Corcoran.
View a video introduction of this webcast
What you’ll learn in this webcast
As a result of this educational activity, webcast participants will be able to: DESCRIBE the elements of the format for an effective consult; and DESCRIBE the components of self-regulation and detail what each of these components involve for you personally.
You’ll also learn about the following:
- Things that go wrong during physician communication
- The effect of electronic medical records on physician communication
- Pros, cons, & etiquette: Pagers
- Pros, cons, & etiquette: Text messaging
- Pros, cons, & etiquette: Calling to a cell phone
- Pros, cons, & etiquette: EMR messaging apps
- How to avoid using 50 words for a 5 word sentence
- Unique challenges of communication for insurance company denial appeals and prior authorizations
You can find this and many other MedNet21 programs on the OSU – CCME website.
Call our MedNet21 Program Manager at 614.293.3473 for more details about subscribing to MedNet21 as a hospital or as an individual. You can also e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.