Webcast Teaches on Postpartum Pelvic Floor Dysfunction. The treatment of pelvic floor disorders has come a long way in the 87 years since Margaret Morris published her book. And today on MedNet, we’re going to learn about the state of the art in managing post-partum pelvic floor dysfunction. I’m pleased to introduce our guest. Dr. Lisa Hickman is an Associate Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Ohio State University and specializes in pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery in women.
What you’ll learn in this webcast
As a result of this educational activity, webcast participants will be able to:
- To appreciate the common pelvic floor disorders experienced by postpartum patients
- To understand the natural history of postpartum pelvic floor disorders and the available treatment options for these conditions
You’ll also learn about the following:
- What to expect during pelvic floor physical therapy
- Preventing pelvic floor dysfunction
- Subsequent pregnancies in women with pelvic floor dysfunction
- When to refer
- Creating a subspecialty pelvic floor disorder clinic
- Hysteropexy technicques and outcomes
You can find this and many other MedNet21 programs on the OSU – CCME website.
Call our MedNet21 Program Manager at 614.293.3473 for more details about subscribing to MedNet21 as a hospital or as an individual. You can also e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.