Expert Teaches on Lymphedema. Although congenital lymphedema remains rare, other causes of lymphedema are increasingly common. Until recently, there was little to be done for patients with lymphedema other than compression garments but as we are going to see today, there are revolutionary new surgical techniques that are offering life-changing improvements in their conditions. Here in the studio to tell us about new treatments for lymphedema is Professor of Plastic Surgery, Dr. Roman Skoracki. Dr. Skoracki is the Division Chief of Oncologic Plastic Surgery at the Ohio State University and is also the Medical Director of the OSU Stefanie Spielman Comprehensive Breast Center.
What you’ll learn in this webcast
As a result of this educational activity, webcast participants will be able to:
- Gain a greater appreciation for the anatomy and physiology of the lymphatic system
- Understand treatment options for lymphedema, including conservative as well as surgical therapies for its’ treatment.
You’ll also learn about the following:
- Common causes of lymphedema
- Common symptoms and clinical consequences of lymphedema
- Lymphedema therapists
- Prevention recommendations for patients with lymphedema
- Exercise and lymphedema
You can find this and many other MedNet21 programs on the OSU – CCME website.
Call our MedNet21 Program Manager at 614.293.3473 for more details about subscribing to MedNet21 as a hospital or as an individual. You can also e-mail him at email@example.com.