Learn About Updates in Nephrology on Webcast. Needless to say, dialysis has come a long, long way in the decades since. But even more important are recent developments in tactics to prevent progression of renal failure in patients with chronic kidney disease, thus avoiding or delaying the need for dialysis. Many of these new preventive concepts have only emerged in the past three or four years. Consequently, most of us did not learn about them during medical school and residency. So today, we’re going to update you in the management of chronic kidney disease. And to do it, we’re pleased to welcome back Dr. Rima Kang, a nephrologist and assistant professor of internal medicine at the Ohio State University.
What you’ll learn in this webcast
As a result of this educational activity, webcast participants will be able to:
- Describe how to diagnose chronic kidney disease and assess progression.
- Describe how to manage chronic kidney disease including target blood pressure and renal protective medications.
You’ll also learn about the following:
- Common nephrotoxins
- Hemodiafiltration versus hemodialysis
- Electrolyte management in chronic kidney disease
- Common reversible causes of worsening renal function
- Lipid management in chronic kidney disease
- Bone health and chronic kidney disease
You can find this and many other MedNet21 programs on the OSU – CCME website.