Help Patients Prepare for Travel by Watching Travel Medicine Webcast. To discuss Travel Medicine and how best to address your patients health while traveling, We’ve invited two of Ohio State University’s experts. We’re pleased to introduce Associate Professor of Family Medicine Dr. Allison Macerollo who practices primary care and is a leader in medical education. And we also have Dr. Sharon Clark who is an Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine who practices both adult and pediatric hospital medicine. She has a special interest in global health and founded and directs the Global Health Interest Group at OSU Wexner Medical Center.
What you’ll learn in this webcast
As a result of this educational activity, webcast participants will be able to:
- Identify the benefits and risks of travel abroad
- Be able to provide travel advice to a wide range of travelers
- Recognize that a returning traveler has additional risks than a person from the community.
- Evaluate a returning traveler who is ill with an appropriate differential diagnosis and initial workup.
You’ll also learn about the following:
- International vs Domestic Travel
- Travel Restrictions
- Travel & Chronic Disease
- Travel Vaccines
- Emerging Infections
You can find this and many other MedNet21 programs on the OSU – CCME website.
Call our MedNet21 Program Manager at 614.293.3473 for more details about subscribing to MedNet21 as a hospital or as an individual. You can also e-mail him at email@example.com.