Viewers will learn the Latest About Type 1 Diabetes on this webcast. To discuss the topic, we’re joined Dr. Kathleen Wyne, Professor of Medicine in the Division of Endocrinology, and Dr. Elizabeth Buschur, Assistant Professor of Medicine in the Division of Endocrinology.
View a video introduction of this webcast
What you’ll learn in this webcast
As a result of this educational activity, webcast participants will be able to: review epidemiology of T1D; understand diagnosis of T1D; describe management of T1D with insulin (basal and bolus); and understand special management for unique populations of T1D.
You’ll also learn about the following:
- Percentage of patients using continuous glucose monitors
- Concept of time in range for blood glucose
- Antibody testing for PCPs
- GLP1 agonists or SGLT2 inhibitors for patients with type 1 diabetes
- Challenges of transitions of care
- Basic recommendations for best patients for insulin pumps or continuous glucose monitors
You can find this and many other MedNet21 programs on the OSU – CCME website.
Call our MedNet21 Program Manager at 614.293.3473 for more details about subscribing to MedNet21 as a hospital or as an individual. You can also e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.